Recent work includes advising:
- A listed Chinese company invested in Belgium (deal signed in Brussels by the President Xi Jingping and King Philip of Belgium) – Jack acted as the leading lawyer and provided legal service on various matters including Due Diligence, Land contracts, Construction contracts, Cooperation Agreements with different departments of Belgian government, etc.
- A listed Chinese company purchased the shares of a Belgian manufacture Company – Jack acted as leading lawyer and legal service provided including Due Diligence, SPA, NDA, SHA and NCA.
- A Chinese Airline branch in Brussels on legal issues concerning EU aircraft regulation and consumer protection laws and corporate legal matters in Belgium
- A Chinese Five Stars hotel in Brussels on legal issues concerning Belgian employment law and other corporate legal matters.
- A Chinese company purchased a Belgian hotel (including the real-estate and the business management) on matters of Due Diligence, negotiations of SPA, SHA and NCA. Jack acted as leading lawyer in this case.
- A Chinese Company before the Brussels Customs concerning goods of 16 aircraft cargos of market value of millions euros.
- A listed company to set up a Jointed-Venture with a Belgian partner on matters of corporate legal matters. Jack acted as leading lawyer for the whole process.
- A EU Trademark case before the European Court in Luxemburg (pending, case T46/17)
Recent transactions also include providing counsel for:
- A Chinese investment fund on strategy investment to a Belgian medical company on operating agreements
- A European company on ‘know-how’ agreement and ‘distribution agreement’ with a Chinese company
- A Chinese company on employment contract issue before a Trade Union in Belgium
- A Belgian company against a leasing company before the commercial court in Nivelles (pending, waiting a decision from the Appeal Court in Brussels)
- A European company on license agreement for a technology transfer and on distribution agreement with a Chinese company in Shanghai
- A Chinese company on professional card issue before the Commission of Appeal in Flanders (Raad voor Economisch Onderzoek inzake Vreemdelingen, Vlaamse minister bevoegd voor Werk)
- A UK Company before the Brussels Customs concerning import compliance and tax fraud
- A German company against a Belgian company on business transactions before the commercial court in Brussels
- A Chinese company on distribution agreements with Belgian partners and corporate legal matters